This Vegan Restaurant Will Make A Believer Out of The Meatiest of Meat-Eaters
Café Gratitude is a treasure chest of plant-based food experiences. It’s a vegan’s dream, but it’s not just for those who abstain from animal products. It is also 100% organic and they use local products whenever possible – even growing produce on their own farm. It’s a comforting place focused on you and your experience, beyond the food and drink.
The menu is an adventure in itself. With names like I Am Magical and descriptions ranging from “macrobiotic bowl” to “bean pate” there are mixed reactions when I invite friends here. Some say, “That sounds inspiring – when can we go?” while others respond, “You want me to order what?” I am here to attest. I’ve been with a range of people and the resounding answer is (drum roll, please) – yum!
If this isn’t the type of place you would normally frequent, open your mind and go out on a limb for this one. You may not know exactly what you are ordering, but is that part of the fun. The food will be fantastic and you will leave in a happier, calmer place than when you walked in the door.
Here’s the breakdown:
Best time of day to visit:
- Brunch, Lunch or Dinner
- “I Am Whole” with brown rice (pictured): My all-time favorite. A refreshing and beautiful bowl of sea vegetables, kale, carrots, kimchee and sprouts, all topped with a tahini-garlic sauce and teriyaki almonds. Get it.
- “I Am Warm Hearted”: Their take on classic italian features grilled pesto polenta over spaghetti squash, spinach and puttanesca sauce with parmesan, ricotta and basil. Real comfort food for a chilly day.
- Laidback, spiritual and hippie
- Healthy, intriguing and terrific food
- Positive environment
- Friendly service
Watch out for:
- Your dad might think it’s weird
- Heck yes!
- Try one of their unique desserts – it’s worth it!
- Ask the knowledgeable staff for recommendations
- Meet a new friend here – it’s a great place for good conversations
Go there now:
333 Southwest Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64108