The Best Granola You’ll Ever Make (Or Eat)
Homemade granola is so fun. It’s healthy, easy and makes your home smell better than any Yankee Candle. I’ve tried a lot of recipes over the years and Alton Brown’s is hands-down the best. It’s great all by its lonesome, swimming in your favorite milk or served on yogurt with berries. ORRR, if you want to get crafty with it you can package it up real cute and give it to people you like – just be sure to include the recipe, they’re gonna want it!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, oil and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color. Note: I usually cook a bit shorter than this – make sure to do lots of quality control (i.e. spooning hot tasty granola in your mouth) to ensure its cooked to perfection. You want a nice golden brown color, but don’t want anything getting crispy.
- Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add raisins and mix until evenly distributed.
Simple as that! Now go forth and impress yourself, your friends, your family and your neighbors with your mad granola-making skills! Shout out to Alton Brown and the Food Network for providing this delicious recipe.