Delicious Wraps and Bowls Served with Hawaiian Flair
Longboards Wraps and Bowls is hopping every time I go there, and with good reason. They aren’t messing around with their made-to-order Hawaiian- and Asian-inspired wraps and bowls. Follow them on Facebook and you’ll see what I mean – pots of simmering goodness, crazy specials and legions of fans. Not only is the food super yummo, the atmosphere transports you to an island with no problems, mon. And who doesn’t want to visit an island over their lunch break?
This joint has been around since 2004 and people (me!) keep going back for their fun menu featuring salad bowls, hot noodle bowls, wraps (cool and grilled) and hawaiian sliders and their laid-back vibe. It’s a great place to go for a filling lunch, a quick dinner or anytime you need an island escape.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Kansas City North, Liberty and Mission (opening 2014)
Best time of day to visit:
- It’s a hot spot with my office lunch crew, but they are also open for dinner
- Hummus and Veggies Grilled Flat Wrap: My fav and go-to! Featuring hummus, vegetables, olives, pico de gallo, rice and parmesan sauce in a jalapeño wrap, this vegetarian delight is even dreamier than it sounds.
- 3 Cheese “Gangsta” Mac Wrap: Not really my style, but the name of this special is so good I have to mention it. Four cheese mac, spicy sausage, turkey and chicken… my brother would love this.
- Cabo Chicken (or Beef) Grilled Style Wrap: A must try for meat eaters – chicken, guac, pepperjack, pico de gallo, rice and chipotle ranch in a chipotle wrap. People drive for miles for this wrap.
- Chuck Norris: The guys in my office go crazy for the Chuck Norris. A. It’s called the Chuck Norris (makes them feel manly just saying it). B. It’s loaded with meaty chili, a hot dog (please), potato salad, cheese, Fritos and jalapeños. If you survive, you’re gonna need a nap. It’s not always on the menu, but when it is, people freak.
- Hawaiian surf shop
- Tasty and affordable food, positive vibe, great service
Watch out for:
- No liquor on board, so skip this spot if you’re looking to rage (or just want a cold brew with dinner)
- Super hungry? Try an OG Wrap. These things are huge. And they’re called OG which is amazing. (OG defined for the older folks)
- A glutton for punishment? Sweat your butt off with the 5-Alarm Beef featuring Napalm sauce.
- Hello Panda cookies! That is all.
Go there now: Longboards Wraps and Bowls 6269 North Oak Trafficway Kansas City, MO 64118 816.454.0008 http://www.longboardswrapsandbowls.com
1173 West Kansas Street
Liberty, MO 64105