It’s been a great year and I’m thankful to have you as part of my journey. Let’s take a quick look back.
Here are the highlights of my 2016:
- Brought my blog back: I’m so proud to be writing again and thankful for the connections it’s provided me. I published 34 posts and had thousands of readers.
- #DK200: I conquered the challenge that is Dirty Kanza 200. As part of that I had to develop a champion mindset, listen to my body, and push myself beyond my physical and mental limits. I couldn’t have done it without the support of my family and will forever cherish being a finisher.
- Celebrated with Nick: He completed a 50k, had a great year at work and was an amazing and supportive partner.
- Traveled to Italy: Nick and I traveled to Italy for 2 weeks and it was the experience of a lifetime, opening me up to new ways of living and reminding me to focus on what’s really important.
- Cherished what I love: I spent time with my family and best friends, celebrated my niece’s 1st birthday and my nephew’s 3rd, read more books than I can count, spent countless hours biking, hiking and enjoying the outdoors, and filled 2 journals with my life story. We also moved my grandparents, Carl and Olga (and their 2 kitties), from AZ to KC which means I get to see them exponentially more often.
- Honored lost loved ones: We celebrated the life of my charming and fun Uncle Randy who lost his battle with cancer. Nick’s sweet and sassy Grandma Grace passed away as did his Grandpa Ed, a real man who created a beautiful family and will leave a lasting legacy.
- Became a Big Couple: In October, Nick and I were matched with Damarion, a fun, smart and curious 8-year old. He is a joy to have in our lives.
- Supported causes I care about: I became the Chair of the Legal Aid of Western Missouri’s Young Professional Board and was also elected to their Board of Trustees. Nick and I also served on the Midwest Innocence Project’s NextGen Advisory Board.
The Best Posts from 2016
To wrap up the year, here are a few of my favorite posts from 2016:
- The Ultimate List: KC’s Best Neighborhood Joints
- Read This: The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up
- The Best Day Trips from Kansas City
- The 5 Best Places to Hike in Kansas City
- Life Lessons Learned from 9 Years of Marriage
- “There is Always Hope, This is America”
- Give Thanks This Week, and Always
- Create a Pace of Grace in Your Life
Thank you for reading and I look forward to connecting in 2017.