The Sundry opened in December of 2014 and has been one of my favorite spots ever since. They are located in the heart of the Crossroads and offer local produce, meats, cheeses, and other handcrafted foods, along with a full kitchen and great new bar.
Here’s the breakdown:
Best time of day to visit:
- They are open Sunday and Monday from 8am – 3pm and Tuesday – Saturday from 8am – 9pm
- Check out their weekend brunch (complete with mimosas!) and yummy lunch offerings
- Anything on the Kitchen Menu: The menu changes on a regular basis, so it’s always fresh. I’ve never had something I didn’t like.
- Anything in the butcher case: The Sundry does meat well. They work with local farmers to provide the best cuts, and create house-cured and smoked meats.
- Eggs Benedict: It’s not always on the menu, but when it is, get it.
- Kansas City Canning Co.: Pick up some Blood Orange Ginger Shrub and impress yourself with your cocktail abilities.
- Wood and Salt: A brother/sister duo creates these small batch rubs, brines, and spices that will take your cooking to a whole new level of delicious.
- Neighborly, laid-back, and welcoming
- The people. The staff is friendly, talented, and always ready to give you a recommendation.
- The fun local products. While you wait for your meal, wander through the grocery section and you’ll likely find a couple items you can’t live without.
- The great dining menu. Everything at The Sundry is thoughtful and made with love.
- A great spot to pick up a gift for a friend or hostess. They have wine, beer, and yummy treats to create a great gift.
- Try their house-made sodas with flavors like Persimmon Spice and Cold Brew Coffee Soda.
Go there now:
The Sundry – 1706 Baltimore Ave, Kansas City, MO | 816.527.0459
Image: The Sundry